PSP offers grade-specific, fun-filled, interactive courses and other activities designed to enhance students’ academic performance and test scores, as well as ensure to that each student is college ready. Note that courses and activities may differ between target communities.
The PSP Program offers academic courses to greatly enhance 6th- to 12th-grade students’ academic performance. We offer assistance on the following subjects:
- General science
- Laboratory science
- Life science
- Anatomy & physiology
- Language arts
- College writing
- Creative writing
- Essay writing
- Web design
- App application
- Adobe design programs
- Microsoft Office programs
The PSP Program offers test prep courses to assist our students in attaining competitive test scores essential for college enrollment.
- Standardized testing modules help students raise their standardized test scores on the ACT, SAT, ISA, NWEA, NAEP, and PARCC tests.
- Testing format modules assist students in mastering different assessment designs: multiple choice, matching, true/false, short answer, CLOZE, extended response, essay, transformation, gap-filling, reasoning, analysis, inference, timed computer tests, and critical thinking.
The PSP Program offers college-readiness activities to our students to assist in a seamless transition from elementary and middle school to high school and college.
- Grade-specific study skills
- College application assistance
- College essay development
- Financial aid and financial literacy
- High school to college transition
- Dual enrollment programming (grant-sponsored)
- Leadership training and development
- Mentoring and success coaching
- Career pathways
- College fit and tours
- College survival skills
- State-wide academic competitions in science, math, technology, entrepreneurship, speech, and writing
Additional courses and activities will be added on an as-need basis.